What were my goals for this year? I think I’ve already forgotten some.
1. Haven’t gone to Europe yet.
2. I got back into re-organizing all my documents. Scanfest kick-started that at the end of the month and then I did a little more.
3. Didn’t add the pictures yet to my new family web site.
4. I don’t know if I blogged more, but I blogged a few times. I think that counts.
And then the ones that aren’t numbered the same, just to make these reviews more complicated. Thus, I’m re-numbering for these goal reviews.
5. My inbox count is still in the 30s. The only emails being procrastinated on are the really, really old ones. Well, mostly.
6. I invoiced my web development clients. I haven’t had a lot of genealogy work this month, so I’m not really behind on that by much.
7. I started the indexing of the pages I’ve had for months. I don’t think these particular pages are good for me, but the person in charge hasn’t responded yet. They look almost like Russian language revision lists, but there is so much in the comments that I won’t even pretend to be able to read, that maybe someone else should do them.
I think that’s not a bad month on my goals. I spent a lot of the time writing a new program for the RootsTech developer’s challenge. The rules said to come up with something new, but the finalists look like they’ve all been around for a while. One is based on a web site that’s a few years old; at least two were already on the schedule to speak about their programs. From the others that I was able to find something about, I wouldn’t be surprised if all of the entries were pre-programmed. Seems that I read a rule that no one else followed. Looking back, it was kind of vague that it had to be newly written. But between that and the official blogger incident (being asked to be one during the last conference, but then not asked for this year, and not even the courtesy of a return email), I’m still annoyed at them. At least I already know that I attend genealogy conferences more for the people than the conference itself, and had a good time yesterday with some of them already. On to another month.